スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

The Happy Prince

 Swallow, Swallow, little Swallow, bring her the ruby out of my sword! I am a statue and I cannot move.

 Today I'll introduce The Happy Prince in the HELBLING READERS series.


 The statue of the Happy Prince stood in high above the city. He was made by gold leaves and two bright sapphires for his eyes. He was very beautiful, so many people of the town admired him very much. But some people said that he was not useful. When a little Swallow flies over the city, the bird meets the happy prince, but he is crying because he found a woman and a little boy in a poor house. The boy had a fever and wanted to eat oranges, but his mother had nothing to give him. The price wanted to help them, but he was a statue and couldn’t move. So he asked the bird to give them a ruby of his eyes. The Swallow flew to their house and left the ruby on the table and felt warm because of his good action. After that, the Swallow kept helping poor people with the prince. The prince gave poor people his gold and ruby, so he became gray. And People in the town took down the statue because he became not beautiful. Also, the Swallow was very tired and died...

After I read this book, I felt sad because the ending is not happy. But the prince and the Swallow may be happy for helping poor people.



コメント

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

This week

This week, I went to Fukuoka to see my friends and stay friend's house! We did takoyaki party. It's very excited😆 We spoke all night. Next day, we went shopping at Tenjin  and ate Carry Doria. Two days at Fukuoka made me so happy:)

Australian Adventure

"I have a plan," Floppy said to the dingos. "I think I can get rid of your fleas. Today I read Australian Adventure, a stage 7 book in Oxford Reading Tree. Biff's dog Floppy doesn't like take a bath. Suddenly, he has an adventure and the magic key takes him to Australia. He meets four dog. Men who lives there don't like dogs because dogs have fleas. Can Floppy solve their problem? Oxford Reading Tree: Level 7: More Stories B: Australian Adventure 著者 : Roderick Hunt Oxford University Press, USA 発売日 : 2011-01-01 ブクログでレビューを見る»

This Week

This week, I went to shopping and ate Korean food with my friend! I like Korean food so I was very happy😋 We go to Karakarasyokudou and ate samugyopusaru  and chijimi . I want everyone to go to eat Korean food.