スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

Food Around the World

This week, I introduce 'Food Around the World' in the Oxford Read and Discover series.

This book has 8 contents about food. In this book, we can learn about food from various views, for example, important nutrients, food origuns, and festivals which people give thanks to foods.

The most interesting content in this book is Food Origins. Do you know that popcorn was invented about 5,500 years old? I didn't know that, so I was very surprised!! In addition, Native Americans used popcorn to make decorations and their necklaces not only to eat it! It's very funny and cute, isn't it?:) I want to try to make a popcorn necklace!
Next is the origin of chocolate. It was invented about 2,000 years ago. Actually, people used cacao for drink with chili peppers at first, so this chocolate drink was bitter not sweet! I was also surprised. In 1867, milk chocolate was invented in Swiss and it's very popular now.

After I read this book, I was getting hungry... We can know about world food in this book, so I recommend you it. I want to travel various countries to eat typical dishes all over the world. When COVID-19 goes away and our daily life returns, let's travel to eat something delicious!
Please tell me your favorite foreign typical dishes^^!


コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

This week

This week, I went to Fukuoka to see my friends and stay friend's house! We did takoyaki party. It's very excited😆 We spoke all night. Next day, we went shopping at Tenjin  and ate Carry Doria. Two days at Fukuoka made me so happy:)

Australian Adventure

"I have a plan," Floppy said to the dingos. "I think I can get rid of your fleas. Today I read Australian Adventure, a stage 7 book in Oxford Reading Tree. Biff's dog Floppy doesn't like take a bath. Suddenly, he has an adventure and the magic key takes him to Australia. He meets four dog. Men who lives there don't like dogs because dogs have fleas. Can Floppy solve their problem? Oxford Reading Tree: Level 7: More Stories B: Australian Adventure 著者 : Roderick Hunt Oxford University Press, USA 発売日 : 2011-01-01 ブクログでレビューを見る»

This Week

This week, I went to shopping and ate Korean food with my friend! I like Korean food so I was very happy😋 We go to Karakarasyokudou and ate samugyopusaru  and chijimi . I want everyone to go to eat Korean food.